So here are the before pictures of the two walls we decided to repaint. As you can tell, there were quite a few holes from the installment of the new grounded circuit last month. It's tough when you don't have an attic or basement!
The patch jobs ended up looking...okay.
I've found that the knockdown texture is a difficult skill to master, particularly using the aerosol cans and doing small areas. The first patch I did was actually the best looking patch because the knockdown spray was coming out very consistently at that point in the can. The upper ones were a little thick, and the ones in the study were just a mess. I'm still thinking about going back at some point and re-texturing, but mandy wanted to start actually living in these rooms so I'll have to postpone that idea.
Either way, the actual painting was rather fun (even muji wanted a part of it!).
We made some mistakes, but I think overall it looks quite nice. We'll have to post some pictures when it's ready. In the meantime, here's a picture of the wall mid-paint, and the new fashion from San Diego, painter's blue as worn by Mandy.